TopicSelected : Social Media Interaction and Safety Reporting
Your paper must be rooted in a problem. One identified by a credible and influential source is best; however, the group can also come up with one. Once the problem is identified it should be analyzed. Why is it significant? Is this a new or old problem? What are the implications of this problem etc.….
After the analysis, one should first evaluate solutions (at least 2 but probably more than that) and then make a recommendation. Refer to the Communications Technology Evaluation exercise for a way to do this. I am interested in understanding what criteria you selected, why and how you went about ranking.
Next make a recommendation. Discuss why you made that recommendation, and the implications of doing nothing. Be sure to think of the paper as building an argument or convincing your boss to do something. Use lots of evidence and support. Make your argument credible by using a transparent process. Make the paper read well, keep the reader interested and engaged. Use visuals when you can.
An alternative is to do a case study of a historical or current issue, problem or disaster.
I have listed several Milestones that are required. Detailed outline. This should also be your table of contents. I want to see the “shell “of the paper.
Just as in real life, there is no dictated minimum length, maximum length or writing style. However want to see at least four pages or 1200 words The length and style should be appropriate.
Outline Due: (November 7th )
Final paper Due: November 10, 2017
Points to consider:
* This paper must be rooted in a problem.
* Why is it significant?
* Is this a new or old problem?
* What are the implications of this problem etc.….
– Introduction , body, and Conclusion
– Explanation of Social Media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, … (please add others)
– Civilian Interaction between Federal, and State, with the use of Social Media
– Civilian Interaction between Local Law Enforcement, Local Medical Emergency Responders with the use of Social Media
– Safety reporting for Civilian (such as personal identification), Federal, State, Local Law Enforcement, Local Medical Emergency Responders (protecting civilian information and protecting sensitive emergency information) with Social Media.
* Evaluate at least two solutions
* PROVIDE the recommendation to the solutions.
* Why this selected recommendation, and the implications of doing nothing.
At least 1200 words