Throughout the next four weeks, you will complete a Weekly Learning Activity Assignment, using the worksheets provided. These assignments will build upon each other, and create the foundation of your Week 5 Final Paper. The topic content of each of the Weekly Learning Activities are listed below. These are also the four main parts required for your Final Paper. This assignment is the first step toward completing your Final Paper in Week 5. It is recommended that you review the Learning Activity assignments and review the Final Paper prompt before beginning this assignment.
- Week 1 – Learning about Death
- Week 2 – Facing Death
- Week 3 – Hospice
- Week 4 – A Death of One’s Own
The weekly worksheets will help you build all of the necessary parts for your Final Paper. It is recommended that you review the Learning Activity assignments and review the Final Paper prompt before beginning this assignment. This week, you will examine and evaluate Americans perception of death. In the worksheet, you will describe the development of these perceptions. This effort begins the process of critically analyzing key components of death and dying in the U.S.
To complete the assignment, save the Week 1 Learning Activity Worksheet to your computer, fill it out, and submit it via WayPoint.
- Must include in-text citations in APA format, as outlined here (Links to an external site.) and here (Links to an external site.).
- Must integrate information from your sources (Links to an external site.) rather than simply inserting it.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library. While your textbook can be utilized as a source, it does not count towards your two sources for this assignment. Two new sources should be utilized each week to meet the minimum of eight required sources for the final. By finding and supporting your material with these sources each week, you will have the research necessary to construct a strong Final Paper.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must include a references list (Links to an external site.) in APA format.