Instructions: Please read and analyze the following case, Ford Pinto: Is Cost-Benefit Analysis Allowed in Ethical Decision Making? using the case analysis outline we have been working with. Be sure to link/discuss relevant concepts from our discussions/readings and consider/address the following questions within your case analysis:
1. Why did Ford not install the protective rubber bladder? Was it wrong not to? Should it have been obvious to Ford that it was wrong not to install it?
2. Is the use of cost-benefit analysis allowed at all? Under what circumstances?
3. Is it ethical under all circumstances to try to be more cost conscious than competitors? Are there limits?
4. What types of “cost” should companies consider?
5. Discuss the general question of the compatibility of ethics and profits.