This week we covered chapter 1,2, and 3. The assignment is (Discussion post) 1 to 3 paragraphs (you don’t have to write a reference, if you do please use the one I have uploaded)
The assignment is:
Please read the following Psychological Science article: Optimizing Learning in College: Tips from Cognitive Psychology. I wanted to start the course by reviewing an article with a real-world application. The authors will provide suggestions on how to approach taking courses in college. They rely on demonstrated principles from the Cognitive Psychology literature to inform readers about the best strategies to succeed in a course. This article should give you a feel for how the principles of cognitive psychology can be applied in the classroom. It will be useful for you to read the information in the textbook related to encoding, storage, and recall to produce a high quality primary post.
In your primary post, please answer the following questions:
- Why are strategies like highlighting (or underlining) as you read, and rereading your text and/or notes often ineffective for learning material?
- Describe the read, recite, and review method. Why is this an effective method for remembering information from your textbook and/or lecture notes?
- Based on the reading, why might a professor have a no laptop policy in the classroom?
- Why are spaced practice and retrieval practice effective study strategies?
- What strategies from this article do you think you could successfully implement in this course, or other courses?
- 1 to 3 paragraphs is enough.
- I have uploaded chapter 1,2 ,and 3 from the book “Cognition: Exploring the science of the mind” + the article “Optimizing Learning in College: Tips from Cognitive Psychology”.
- Please check the (Rubrics)
|Primary Post addresses few, if any, aspects of the assignment, and demonstrates
little to no
of the subject
|Primary Post indicates that you may not have paid attention to the assignment’s Instructions or subject matter. The ideas presented in the post are not original or supported by course material. The post is largely
Based on your personal opinion and experiences.
|Primary Post addresses most of the aspects of the assignment. The ideas presented in the post demonstrate some understanding of the academic subject matter. Your post is supported by incomplete, or anecdotal evidence.||Your positing addresses all aspects of the assignment. The ideas presented in
The post demonstrates a thoughtful consideration of the academic subject matter. Your post is Supported by strong evidence from the course material.