Learning Plan 06
LP06.1 Assignment: Cause/Effect First Draft
Directions: For this assignment, you will write a paper using the cause and effect strategy (refer to pages 247-248 in your textbook for suggested topics). Write your essay in a Word document. Your essay should include the following elements:
- Essay should be 2-3 pages in length (excluding the title page)
- Include a title page in proper APA format
- Text should be double-spaced
- One-inch margins should be at the left, right, top, and bottom of each page
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- Indent paragraphs five spaces
- Topic is focused
- Purpose is clear; a specific audience is addressed
- Thesis statement focuses on one central point or issue, is one sentence in length, and is precise and interesting
- Smooth transitions
- Research incorporated should be properly cited in APA
- Remember: do not write in first person point of view
- Grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors are minimal
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP06.1 Assignment: Cause/Effect First Draft.” This assignment is worth 100 points and will be evaluated using the Writing Process Rubric. This rubric it is located under Course Resources.
NOTE: Remember to also post a copy of your draft to the Discussion 06.2: Cause/Effect Peer Review – POST DRAFT HERE. Next week, you will be completing a peer review and this is where you can find a partner to swap papers with.
LP06.2 Assignment: Cause/Effect Peer Review
Directions: This week you will be completing a peer review on one of your peers’ papers. You will want to go to Discussion 06.2: Cause/Effect Peer Review – POST DRAFT HERE to find a partner and review his/her paper to evaluate and offer feedback. Be sure to give your classmate’s work your best analysis and feedback. Keep in mind that you will also be receiving valuable feedback to better your own writing, so be as thorough as you would on your own writing.
Use the following Peer Review Form to complete a thorough review of an essay written by one of your classmates: Peer Review Form #2.
You will complete this form and return it back to your partner by email or in the discussion forum as an attachment. Communicate with your partner for how you will be returning feedback.
If you have problems finding an essay to review, or if the classmate completing your Peer Review doesn’t send you feedback, please contact your instructor for assistance.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP06.2 Assignment: Cause/Effect – Peer Review.” This assignment is worth 75 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide: