APPLYING PSYCHOLOGY USING MOVIES:
Choose one of the following movies:
- The Descendants
- 12 Years a Slave
- The Theory of Everything
- The Butler
- Saving Mr. Banks
- Hidden Figures
- Any of the Hunger Games movies
Most movies are available at public libraries and movie rental establishments/streaming sites.
- Watch the movie.
- Apply six (6)concepts (specific ideas) that were discussed in the class to explain specific behaviors in the movie. You can only use concepts from modules 4-9, The concepts must be from at least 4 of the modules (excludes psychological foundations, psychological research, personality, psychological disorders, treatment of psychological disorders).
Use the following format for your assignment:
- At the top of the page indicate the movie that you watched.
- Name the module title and then name the specific concept. (example: Learning: positive reinforcement)
- Lastly, in paragraph form for each concept:
- define the concept
- describe the scene in the movie (the behavior);
- explain how/why the behaviorin the movie is an example of the concept.
See an example paper from a previous student:
Your grade will be based on:
- following the required format and directions;
- how well you define the concept; and
- how well you explain how the concept was illustrated in the movie.